Saturday, April 21, 2007

First Sightings

Yesterday was a day of first sightings for me. As I drove down to Keene State College, I passed a Turkey Vulture sitting atop a telephone pole and a second T.V. eating road-kill (?) a the foot of the pole. I arrived at Keene ten minutes before Emily and I had arranged to meet, so I took a little walk around the pond. There, swimming past, were a mated pair of Merganser Ducks. And then, on the drive home at about 10:45, a lynx ran across the road just in front of my car.

All in all, a gratifying day.

And the dance production that I had gone down to see was also very enjoyable. Brought me back to my own college days, although our little dance troupe never put on any recitals half so ambitious or impressive as this group of Keens State students.

No comments: